Thursday, February 12, 2009

This thing? I wipe my nose with this!


Last Friday I went to some gallery showings. This was at the Rochester Contemporary Art Center. There was a lot of good photography there but what I really noticed was this man making the rounds and chatting it up. I especially liked the colors in his tie and the way they contrasted with his shirt. I pried the "D9" camera from Kirsten's hands and approached him when we were about to leave. The conversation went much like this:

Me: Would you mind if I take your picture?
Man: Eh?
Me: I really like your tie and I wanted to take a picture.
Man: This thing? I wipe my nose with this! (proceeds to do just that)
Me: (Click)

Gotta admit that I did not plan the picture turning out so well. I think that there is definitely more character than the plain photo I had planned and I'm glad that my photo (and the only one I took at that) turned out well.

P.S. Also at ROCO, a photographer took my picture and complimented my orange flight jacket/blue flannel/blue trucker's cap outfit. It (plus the free mini eggrolls) made me happy.

2 comments:

  1. sweet picture! watch out, people might start thinking you're an art student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are insane. I don't know who that photographer was - but I doubt I would suggest the outfit. However I guess it works in your circles.

    ReplyDelete